Discover the beauty of Chautauqua County, NY, an area rich in natural resources for guests to enjoy.
Three-season wine tasting on the Lake Erie Wine Trail makes for an incredible and romantic getaway in Chautauqua County. Guests enjoy our location near more than 20 Lake Erie wineries, antique shops, art galleries and more. The famed Chautauqua Institution is also just a 15 minute drive from the inn. Our exceptional location near so many different activities make our Lake Erie bed and breakfast the perfect choice for your romantic getaway.
Barcelona Lakeside Bed & Breakfast sits right in the middle of Lake Erie Wine Country. Travel twenty miles, east or west, and sample the many varieties of wine produced locally. Exploring the Lake Erie Wine Trail is a wonderfully rich and romantic experience.
Right here in Westfield, NY:
- Johnson Estate Winery - this premier winery is the oldest estate winery in New York State.
- Mazza Chautauqua Cellars and Five and 20 Craft Distillery and Brewery – truly something for everyone!
- Noble Winery – enjoy their wine high on the hill overlooking Lake Erie and the vineyards.
- Vetter Vineyards – classic estate tradition of wine-making with a gift shop featuring gourmet foods and wine-related gifts.
Nearby Portland, NY
- 21 Brix – surrounded by grape vineyards and cherry orchards, enjoy your wine-tasting in a their spacious facility with gift shop.
Within 30 minutes in any direction, outdoor enthusiasts enjoy hiking, fishing, boating, kayaking, bicycling, golf and more. Natural rock formations like Panama Rocks, provide a glimpse into geological glacier activity formed over thousands of years' time. Championship golf courses wait to challenge you.
Carefully maintained, abandoned railroad lines beckon guests to meander by horse, foot or bicycle up and along the Lake Erie escarpment via the Chautauqua Gorge and trails that provide premier bird watching opportunities. Hot-air balloons and glider planes, for the more adventurous travelers, offer breath-taking views of rich farmland and our beautiful lakes.
Come celebrate the seasons on land, water or snow!
- Kayaking - bring your own or rent kayaks here at the inn! For a guided kayaking adventure visit Evergreen Outfitters. They sponsor a Tuesday evening sunset paddle right here in Barcelona for experienced kayakers. Wednesday evenings at Chautauqua Lake for both beginners and experienced paddlers.
- Cycling – bring your own or rent bikes here at the inn to explore our beautiful roads and trails. Your innkeeper is a cyclist and would love to help you plan your ride - flat as a dime or hills to climb. Bike storage, supplies for repairs and maintenance and wash station available at the inn.
- Hiking - Chautauqua Gorge, Panama Rocks, Chautauqua Rails to Trails
- Charter fishing and diving - Barcelona Charter and Osprey Dive Charter
- Golf - several championship courses in the area
- Bird-watching - Rails to Trails sites
- Harvest and wine festivals, and more
Come celebrate the seasons in picturesque Chautauqua County.
- Maple Syrup Weekend Festivals
- Lecture Series at the Fenton History Center
- Birding at the Audubon Center and Sanctuary
- Wine and Cheese Weekend - sponsored by Lake Erie Wine Country (LEWC)
- Clymer Tulip Festival
- Open Studio Tour - Lake Erie Art Trail
- Bemus Bay Pops Concert Series - Floating Stage 61 Lakeside Dr., Bemus Point, NY
- Antique & Classic Boat Show - Village Casino, 1 Lakeside Dr., Bemus Point, NY
- Annual Westfield Antique Show - Westfield, NY
- Lucille Ball Comedy Festival -2014 headliner, Mr. Jay Leno
- Chautauqua Institution Summer Season - late June to late August each year.
- Fall festivals
- Harvest Moon Cemetary Tours
- Christmas in the Village and Holly Tour of Homes - Westfield, NY
- Busti Apple Festival
More than simply Chautauqua Institution, Chautauqua County is rich in history, culture and the arts. Westfield, N.Y. has close personal ties to both Abraham Lincoln and his Secretary of State, William Seward. Civil War re-enactments, art festivals and studio tours, live theater and concerts all await you when you celebrate the seasons here at Barcelona Lakeside Bed and Breakfast! Here are just a few ideas -
McClurg Museum - home to the Chautauqua County Historical Society, this 14 room "frontier" mansion boasts fine art collections, antique furnishings, artifacts and archival treasures. Tours and special events available throughout the year.
Chautauqua-Lake Erie Art Trail - studio tours and special events provide the eye with plenty of opportunity to appreciate the plethora of talented artists who take creative inspiration from Chautauqua County and make it their home.
1891 Fredonia Opera House - this "Queen Anne with an eclectic flair" building is home to: "Live at the Met" series, Bach and Beyond Festival and the Cinema Series' first-run movies. There is almost always something to enjoy here.
Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum and Center for Comedy - from props and costumes, to sets and personal memorabilia, this tribute to the comic genius that was Lucille Ball has it all. The museum has grown substantially in the last decade and is home to a national comedy festival with top-named performers every year. This year 2018 headliners are Amy Schumer, Lily Tomlin, Dan Aykroyd and many more; see website.
The Studio at Panterra - Yoga School -“We are a Yoga Alliance-registered school and our heartfelt intention is to support you in experiencing the healing power of breath, yoga, meditation, and other modalities that serve the journey of human consciousness. Our yoga studio provides expert instruction while offering a compassionate atmosphere for your explorations.” -a quote from The Studio at Panterra