Chautauqua County is home to many groomed and maintained scenic trails that wind through beautiful unused former rail corridors. Trails include wetlands, pine and hardwood forests, pastures and, of course, vineyards! Trails range from half-mile to five miles in length and provide ample opportunity for observing wildlife and plant life native to the region, or just moments of serenity away from busy lives.
Plan Your Hiking Adventure on Chautauqua Rails to Trails
These are some of the top trails you can explore during your stay:
- The Sherman Recreational Trail – .5 mile
- The Ralph C. Sheldon Jr. Trail – 4.5 miles
- The Nancy B. Diggs Trail – 1.5 miles
- The Nadine and Paul Webb Trail 1.0 mile
- Village of Mayville Trail – 1.5 miles
- The Laurie A. Baer Trail 1.1 miles
- The Alison Wells Ney Trail 5 mile segment
- The Brocton Area Recreational Trail – 2 miles
Take A Hike! Picnic Package
Exploring our beautiful trails will surely work up an appetite! Add our Take a Hike! package and enjoy:
- Backpack filled with a lunch and beverages for two
- Detailed maps of our favorite trails to explore
- Plus a scavenger hunt list of flora and fauna you may want to watch for!
Once you are back at the inn, check-in on Facebook, post your photos, and enjoy a scented soak in our therapeutic hot tub with a glass of sparkling cider! Only $40 per couple, plus lodging and sales tax.